ADDRESS: 1500–1530 S Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90015
PHONE: (213) 747-5542
In 2010, the Eisner Pediatric & Family Medical Center celebrated 90 years of providing health care to the medically underserved communities of downtown and South Los Angeles. Founded in 1920, as the Anita M. Baldwin Hospital for Babies, EPFMC, initially, occupied three beds on the campus of California Hospital.
By 1945, we had not only opened the first preschool dental clinic in the western United States but were also overseeing 30 inpatient pediatric beds at our own facility and under a new name: California Babies’ and Children’s Hospital.
By the 1990s, operating as the Pediatric & Family Medical Center, we were providing adult and pediatric dental care; adult medical care; infant, toddler, and preschool day care; mental health services; and a variety of wellness education programs and early intervention services.
We became the Eisner Pediatric & Family Medical Center in 2002, in recognition of a $2.5 million gift from the Eisner Foundation. This gift supported the expansion of our campus on Olive Street by over 30,000 square feet. In 2004, we were awarded a section 330 grant and designation as a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). In 2007, we acquired the Women’s Health Center and repurposed 4,100 square feet of our Annenberg Medical and Dental Pavilion into a dedicated home.
Today, as one of the providers of free or low-cost primary care in this community, we serve more than 32,000 patients each year.